1. Bookings made through our online booking system are provisional until confirmed by us.
2. If bookings are made within 6 weeks of the arrival date the holiday price and security deposit must be paid in full. For bookings made in excess of 6 weeks from the arrival date you must pay a booking deposit to secure the booking. The booking deposit will be £100.00 per cottage per week. The balance for the holiday price and the security deposit is payable 6 weeks prior arrival date. Please note that if payment is not received as specified, the property will be available for hiring to another party.
3. If you are forced to cancel your booking, please contact us immediately to confirm your cancellation either by email, phone or in writing by first class post. Every effort will be made by us to rehire the property. If you have paid in full and we have rehired the property for your dates, you will receive a refund less £100 being the booking deposit. If we do not rehire the property, you will remain liable for the full balance due. If it is in excess of the 6 weeks prior the arrival date then there will be a charge of £50.00 for administration plus any additional charges incurred by payments made by credit cards. You are encouraged to take out holiday insurance cover for your holiday with Lavenham Cottages.
4. Please contact the office on the day before the arrival date to confirm your arrival time, contact details will be sent on your confirmation. The cottage is available from 3.00 pm on the day of arrival and you must vacate the cottage by 10.00 am on the day of departure.
5. The security deposit is payable when the balance in full is due and is to be repaid within a few days of departure subject to Lavenham Cottages standard terms and conditions.
6. The hirer is responsible for the premises and is expected to take every care of them and their contents and their security. All equipment and utensils must be left clean and tidy at the end of the hire. The hirer will be responsible for any cleaning costs over and above normal cleaning costs Incurred as a result of his stay and the cost of these may be deducted from any security deposit. The hirer must consider the need for accommodation to be properly ready for visitors arriving at 3.00 pm on the day of the hirer’s departure. The hirer is responsible for all loss, damage or breakage resulting from his stay and the cost of these may be deducted from the security deposit. Please report any breakages or losses.
7. No Smoking policy in the property at all times.
8. The use of the accommodation is entirely at the risk of the user and Lavenham Cottages accept no responsibility for injury, loss or damage to property to or of the hirer or his visitors; these are at the hirer’s risk at all times.
9. All information and description in Lavenham Cottages advertising material or brochure Is for guidance only.
10. Whilst the property and its contents, equipment and appliances are checked regularly and believed to be in good working order, Lavenham Cottages cannot accept responsibility for circumstances beyond their control, e.g. mechanical breakdown, plumbing, wiring, inclement weather, etc.
11. In the event of unforeseen circumstances Lavenham Cottages reserves the right to revoke or alter any booking without prejudice and shall not be required to give reasons. In this event Lavenham Cottages will make a full refund of monies received but shall have no further liability. Lavenham Cottages reserves the right to settle at the option of Lavenham Cottages only by offer of suitable alternative accommodation of similar or better standard.
12. During the hirer’s right to occupy the property he shall not part with possession of it nor shall it be sublet. The names and addresses of all visitors must be specified in writing to Lavenham Cottages at the time of booking and in any event before the visit takes place. In no circumstances may more than the confirmed number of persons in the hirer’s party specified in writing occupies the property except by prior written consent of Lavenham Cottages.
13. No more than the maximum number of persons, as stated in our written Booking Confirmation may occupy the Cottage. We may refuse to allow you to occupy the Cottage or require you to vacate the Cottage if group numbers exceed that maximum number and/or the number of guests which you told us would form your party. We reserve the right to refuse or revoke any bookings from groups or individuals which in our reasonable opinion are unsuitable for the Cottage. For example, because taking a child into the particular cottage would be unsafe or because the group is too large or rowdy.
14. In the event of breach of these terms and conditions or misbehaviour or other fault of the hirer Lavenham Cottages reserves the right to terminate the hire without prejudice or liability of any kind and without refund of any hire monies and to make reasonable extra charges by way of compensation.
15. This contract of hire shall not confer upon the hirer or user a tenancy under the provisions of the Housing Act 1988 or any succeeding or amending legislation and the hirer shall not have exclusive possession of the accommodation. The hirer’s right to occupation is limited to a right of occupation for holiday purposes only and such right shall terminate at 10.00 am on the schedules day of completion of the holiday.